TEACHER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
POINTS TO UNDERSTAND
The following provides detailed information about the training program and clearly states the expectations and requirements to successfully complete it.
This certification program is offered through Nangten Menlang International (NMI), a Buddhist Medical Organization founded by Tulku Lobsang.
Those who successfully complete the program will be officially certified by the NMI organization & Tulku Lobsang.
- Farrah Garan is authorized by NMI to prepare potential teachers to teach Lu Jong 1, Lu Jong 2 and Tog Chӧd in the lineage of Tulku Lobsang.
- Lu Jong, while rooted in Tibetan Medicine, is also intimately connected with Tibetan Buddhism. Tog Chod, while accessible to all that want to develop mental calm and focus, is also intimately connected with Tibetan Buddhism. While it is not necessary to consider oneself Buddhist or teach Buddhist concepts when teaching Lu Jong or Tog Chod, understanding Buddhist principles is fundamental to understanding these practices. Therefore, this is an integral part of the curriculum.
- Buddhism refers to the application of methods for understanding the nature of our mind, body and phenomena. There will be absolutely no indoctrination or disrespect to any other religious beliefs. People of all religions, ages and abilities are welcome to join the training.
- As part of the course, you will be receiving a Lu Jong Teacher’s Manual. Please respect that this is copyrighted material and cannot be reproduced or shared.
- It is necessary to attend both the Teacher Training and the Certification in order to receive your certificate to teach.
- There will be an option to attend the Lu Jong Certification from home via your computer. This is not possible for Tog Chӧd at this time.
The Certification events are organized by Nangten Menlang. At least two Certifications are offered annually, one in North America and one in Germany. (There is currently no Skype option for the German certification).
In order to attend the Certification, it is necessary to have Farrah Garan’s positive assessment that you have successfully completed the requirements of the Training.
You will need to pass both a written and practical test before receiving the certificate to teach.
If you do not pass, you will be given constructive feedback and another opportunity to take the tests.
In order to maintain a valid Teacher’s Certificate, it is necessary to attend a Renewal event after two years, and every four years after the first renewal. The Renewals are held concurrently with the Certification event and are organized by Nangten Menlang.
Thank you for reviewing the above information.