Lu Jong Tibetan Healing Yoga
To learn more about the practice of Lu Jong, read this article.
Please read on below to learn about the Teacher Training program.
Lu Jong Teacher Training
Do you have a desire to empower others to become more balanced, more healthy & more calm?
Rooted in Tibetan Medicine, Lu Jong is a series of rhythmic movements that release blockages on the physical, energetic and mental levels. While it is a very practical method for achieving health and happiness, it has profound spiritual benefits as well.
The beauty of Lu Jong is its accessibility and effectiveness for bringing all kinds of people into balance.
It is our goal to share this precious practice with many people, and we hope that you will be a part of this lineage!
AT THE CONCLUSION OF THIS TEACHER TRAINING...
- You will be able to confidently and effectively teach Lu Jong: Tibetan Healing Yoga.
- You will be intimately familiar with all 23 movements of the Lu Jong Level 1 practice.
- You will be able to teach the movements and make modifications based on individual student’s needs.
- You will be able to explain the benefits of Lu Jong from the view of Tibetan Medicine and Tantrayana Buddhism.
- You will know Tulku Lobsang, the pioneer of this ancient practice in the West.
- You will become part of the Nangten Menlang International (NMI) community.
And, most importantly, you will be able to go into your own communities and offer something that will bring great benefit.
STEPS TO BECOMING A LU JONG TEACHER
Step 1: Education
The Education is a 12-Day program. It is taught by a certified Educator, in this case, with Farrah Garan.
In these 12 days, you will receive the all 23 movements of the Lu Jong practice as well as the rich context of this practice, including its history, its background in Tibetan Medicine and Tantrayana Buddhism. See below for the curriculum for the 12-day Education.
Step 2: Certification
The Certification is done with Tulku Lobsang over 2 days. At that time, you will receive further teachings directly from Tulku Lobsang.
There will be a written and practical exam. Upon successful completion of both, you will receive your certificate to teach in the lineage of Tulku Lobsang.
Step 3: Renewal
After 2 years, you need to renew your certificate. After this first time, renewal only needs to be done every 4 years. This enables all the teachers to stay fresh, current and connected.
There are no prior requirements to participate in this program.
People of all backgrounds, ages (minimum of 18), experience levels and body types are very welcome. No experience with yoga or Buddhism is necessary.
All that we ask is that you have a commitment to your own development, to your own health and happiness, and that you would want the same for others.
Come with an open heart, open mind and desire to help others and you are very welcome!
During the 12-day intensive, participants will be given the experience, context and teaching tools to effectively and confidently share the Lu Jong practice with others.
Specific topics that will be covered include:
The History of Lu Jong
- Bön and Tantrayana Roots
- Lineage of Tulku Lobsang
The Benefits of Lu Jong
- Physical, Energetic and Mental Benefits
Foundations of Tibetan Buddhism
- Wisdom & Method
- Compassion & Meditation
- The Path of Tantrayana
Overview of Tibetan Medicine
- Theory of the Elements and Humors
- The Subtle Body
The Lu Jong Practice and Modifications
- Movements for balancing the five elements
- Movements for improving the musculoskeletal system
- Movements for the functioning of the vital organs
- Movements for addressing common ailments
- Movements for Sleep and Wakefulness
- Tsa Lung
- Kum Nye Massage
- Breathing exercises
- Meditation techniques
- Being an Effective Teacher
- Preparing for a Teaching
- Organizing a Teaching
- Using the international website to list your teachings
Marketing Advice & Tools
7:00 - 8:30 Morning Practice
8:30 - 10:00 Breakfast Break
10:00 - 11:30 Context, Benefits & Background
11:30 - 1:00 Movements Exploration
1:00 - 4:00 Lunch Break
4:00 - 6:00 Pedagogic Tools
6:00 - 8:00 Dinner Break
8:00 - 9:00 Evening Gathering (Discussion, Relaxation Exercises)
During the Certification Course, you will receive Tulku Lobsang’s direct transmission. He will further prepare you to be a representative of Lu Jong by sharing the deep essence of the teaching.
This is your opportunity to connect with him, the lineage holder. This is a unique opportunity because we will be a small group of under 20. (At each Certification Weekend in Europe, there are over 200 attendees!) You will have a chance to ask Tulku Lobsang directly anything that you would like further clarification on.
At this time, you will also take both a written and a practical exam. Upon successfully passing both, you will receive your certificate directly from Tulku Lobsang, as well as his blessing to teach in his name.
When you are ready to sign up for the Certification, registration and payment are done at Tulku Lobsang's main website: www.tulkulobsang.org/tourplan. The cost of the Certification ($180 USD) is not included in the 12-day Education with Farrah.
Dates & Location
April 15 - 28, 2018
Kalani Retreat Center
Pahoa, Hawaii Island
This tranquil, tropical paradise is a perfect place to delve fully into our exploration of Lu Jong!
We will connect more deeply with our bodies, minds and energy in an environment where we can focus completely on our experience.
It is profoundly beneficial to step out of our day-to-day lives and immerse ourselves in the practice. When our stress is quieted and we step into this space without outside distractions, we open to all that Lu Jong has to offer.
Tuition for the 12-Day Lu Jong Education in Hawaii:
- 12-Day Intensive Education in Lu Jong: Tibetan Healing Yoga with Farrah
- 13 Nights at the Kirpal Meditation & Ecological Center
- 3 Delicious Vegetarian Meals per Day
- The Very Comprehensive Lu Jong Manual (340 pages) and other Teaching Materials
- Ongoing Follow-up
Once Certification is Complete, You Also Receive:
- Official Listing as a Teacher on the International Lu Jong website (www.lujong.org)
- Your Own Personal Page on the International Lu Jong website
- Your Own email@example.com official email address
- License to Use Official Lu Jong Graphics, including:
- Lu Jong Logo
- Photos of the movements
- Photos of Tulku Lobsang
- Lu Jong traditional drawings
- Lu Jong Calligraphy
- Lu Jong Handouts
- Official Texts
- Flyer and Postcard Templates prepared by a professional graphic artist that you can use to promote your teachings
- Support from Nangten Menlang International, such as their press and marketing efforts
- Continued Access to Farrah into the future
To complete the Lu Jong Certification Program, it is necessary to attend a certification with Tulku Lobsang.
You may choose to attend either the North American or European Certifications.
The 2018 North American Certification will be announced soon.
Tuition for the 2-Day Lu Jong Certification with Tulku Lobsang:
- 2-Day Teaching with Tulku Lobsang in an intimate setting
- Tulku Lobsang’s personal blessing to teach his Lu Jong practice in his name when you receive your certificate
- License to use official materials
This does NOT include:
- Accommodations & Meals (which will be around an additional $220 USD total if you choose to stay at the center.)
- Travel to the location
When you are ready to sign up for the Certification, registration and payment are done at Tulku Lobsang's main website. Simply click the link below. The cost of the Certification is not included in the 12-day Education with Farrah.
If it is necessary to cancel your participation in this training, there is a $200 non-refundableregistration fee.
The remaining balance is refundable until 45 days before the start of the training.
If canceling within less than 45 days before start of the training, 50% is non-refundable and the other 50% may be applied toward a future Tibetan Healing Movement event.
About Your Teacher
Farrah Garan has dedicated her life to spreading the deep wisdom of the Tibetan healing arts. Her aim is to make these simple—but powerfully effective—practices widely known so that many may benefit.
Farrah first learned Lu Jong in 2002 and has developed a deep love for it and the other Tantrayana practices she has received from Tulku Lobsang, including Tsa Lung, Tog Chöd and Tummo. Again and again, she experiences in herself and witnesses in her students the vitality, clarity and joy that is a benefit of these profound methods.
She has worked closely with Tulku Lobsang since 2002, as a student, chairwoman of the US branch of his organization, the North American Tour Coordinator, and as an employee of Nangten Menlang International. She is the editorial journalist for his books and has been integral in developing the Lu Jong Teacher Certification program, manual and curriculum.
Is This Training Right For You?
Do you want to be part of a true lineage?
Do you want to teach to people of all sizes, all ages, all abilities and all belief systems?
Do you want to give your students a clear system they can use to experience immediate health and happiness?
Do you want to offer a method that not only heals the body, but is the beginning of a deep spiritual path?
There is more and more interest in Lu Jong and we need loving, compassionate individuals to help share it.
If you feel in your heart that this program is right for you, then I am sure you will find it to be worth the commitment.
This training is an investment in yourself and your community. It will open several doors for you and create new opportunities in your life.
There are many possibilities for your teachings and the benefit you give and receive will be priceless!
See you in Hawaii!!