Lu Jong Tibetan Yoga Retreat
Join me in a tropical paradise to explore the beneficial, self-healing practice of Lu Jong!
July 2 - 7, 2017
Pahoa, Big Island of Hawaii
What is Lu Jong?
Lu Jong is an ancient Tibetan practice from the Buddhist Tantrayana tradition. Rooted in principles of Tibetan Medicine, it is a series of movements developed for the purpose of self-healing.
With this practice, you will be able to release blockages on the physical, energetic, and mental levels. The result is that you can effectively combat disease and imbalances, transform negative emotions, and increase your vitality.
Lu Jong is accessible to people of all ages, abilities and beliefs. The combination of rhythmic movements and breathing gently massages the body, targeting particular energetic points.
The Full Lu Jong Level 1 practice includes:
- The Five Elements Movements (for opening the spine and general balancing)
- The Five Body Parts Movements (for the musculoskeletal system)
- The Five Vital Organ Movements (for improving function of the kidneys, heart, lungs, spleen and liver)
- The Six Conditions Movements (for helping common imbalances such as digestion, senses, mood, and body temperature)
- The Two Movements for Sleep and Wakefulness (for shifting your energy quickly)
What You Receive
- The Full Lu Jong Practice
A Complete System for Releasing Blockages and Cultivating a Focused Mind
- A Deep Understanding of Lu Jong's Context & Benefits
Learn the Principles of Buddhism, Five Elements Theory, Tibetan Medicine and the Subtle Body
- Morning Practice
Includes Gentle Movements, Breathwork, Meditation & Relaxation Practices
- Free Time to Enjoy the Big Island
- 3 Daily Organic, Vegetarian Meals
- 5 Nights Accommodation
Kirpal Meditation & Ecological Center
Pahoa, Hawaii Island
This tranquil, tropical paradise is a perfect place to delve into our exploration of Lu Jong!
Have easy access to the attractions on the east side of Big Island, including a black sand beach, thermal pools, snorkeling, farmer’s markets and more.
- An Eco-Friendly Retreat - Nearly 100% Solar Powered
- Situated on 10+ acres of Organic Fruit Trees, Flowers and Forest
- Ocean Views & Clear Starry Skys
- Spacious, Open Yoga Hale
- Balinese Meditation Pavilion, for quiet moments and small gatherings
- Thermal Pools and Salt-Water Swimming only a 15-minute walk
Meals & Accommodations
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are delicious 100% organic vegetarian meals
- Vegan options available, as well as fresh juices and unique desserts
- Complimentary in-season fruits from the orchard
- 30+ different trees and herbs provide the produce for our meals
- Charming cabins, each hand-built and designed to be in harmony with the land
- Private and Shared options available (more information in the next section)
- Free Wifi
- Yoga Mats and Blankets Available for Use
- Full Service Laundry Facility
- Massage & Healing Treatments with skilled professionals for an additional cost
(massage, acupuncture, energy healing)
- Transportation from Hilo airport for a fee
Arrival & Departure Times
Sunday, July 2
Check-In: after 3 pm
Dinner: 6 pm
Opening Session: 7:30 pm
Friday, July 7
Final Session: ends by noon
Lunch: 12:30 pm
Check-Out: 2 pm
The closest airport is Hilo International Airport (ITO). If you fly into Kona, on the west side of the island, it is about a 2.5 hour drive to Kirpal.
Please inform us of your flight times so that we can help arrange a shuttle for your pick-up for an additional fee. Or you can chose to rent a car.
7:30 am Morning Practice
8:30 am Breakfast
10:00am Understanding the Benefits & Background of Lu Jong
12:30 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Free Time
6:00 pm Dinner
8:00 pm Evening Gathering (Discussion & Relaxation Exercises)
- All retreat activities
- All meals
- Accommodations in a standard cabin
- Access to all that Kirpal has to offer, including the gardens, orchards and Balinese meditation hut
If you are attending with one or more other people, please contact us directly to determine the cost for your group.
If you would like more time to explore the island, it is possible to extend your stay at Kirpal after the retreat ends. Use the contact form to inform us of your desired departure date.
If it is necessary to cancel your participation in this retreat, there is a $75 non-refundable registration fee.
The remaining amount above $75 is refundable until 21 days before the start of the retreat.
If canceling within less than 21 days before start of the retreat, 50% is non-refundable and the other 50% may be applied toward any future Tibetan Healing Movement event.
About Your Teacher
Farrah Garan has dedicated her life to spreading the deep wisdom of the Tibetan healing arts. Her aim is to make these simple—but powerfully effective—practices widely known so that many may benefit.
Farrah first learned Lu Jong in 2002 and has developed a deep love for it and the other Tantrayana practices she has received from Tulku Lobsang, including Tsa Lung, Tog Chöd and Tummo. Again and again, she experiences in herself and witnesses in her students the vitality, clarity and joy that is a benefit of these profound methods.