Sunday, March 18, 2018
10 am - 1 pm
180 E. Pender St.
Vancouver, BC V6A 1&3
Experience an empowering moving meditation to transform habitual thought patterns.
This choreographed dance with a sword is rooted in Tibetan Buddhist Tantrayana and is based on movements of the Kalachakra. It has deep symbolic meaning.
- Learn decisive movements with a wooden sword that drop us into the present moment
- Understand the importance of mind training and how we can use the body to do it
- Receive the rich philosophy of this practice, including "creating a good dream", "the power of decision" and "life is one day"
- Experience the power of mantra for setting intention and calming the nervous system
With this practice, we face the only enemy there is—our own negative emotions.
Taught by Farrah Garan, in the tradition of Tulku Lobsang.
$45 CAD ($36 USD)
Lu Jong Tibetan Yoga: 4-Class Series
Saturdays (dates below), 11 am - 1 pm
February 10, February 17, March 3, March 17
Endless Shore Yoga & Meditation
2570 King George Blvd.
South Surrey, BC, Canada
2nd floor, Ste 222
Rooted in Tibetan Medicine, Lu Jong is a comprehensive, systematic practice to bring balance and energy to the body and mind.
Participants will learn the full Lu Jong level 1 practice, as well as additional meditation and breath work exercises.
All ages and abilities welcome
Experience the gentle opening of blockages through practicing:
- Five Elements Movements (for general balance and spinal health)
- Five Body Parts Movements (to improve musculoskeletal alignment and joint mobility),
- Five Vital Organ Movements (to boost organ function)
- Six Common Conditions Movements (for digestion, the senses, temperature, etc.)
Understand the background of this Buddhist practice through various topics including:
- The Tantrayana Path
- The Subtle Body
- Five Elements theory
- Principles of Tibetan Medicine
$75 CAD for entire series ($60 USD)
$25 CAD drop-in ($20 USD)
*All charges are in USD
Discover the principles of the Tantrayana Buddhist path and how practices such as Tummo and Tsa Lung reveal the hidden essence of our body, so that we may come to know the true nature of the mind.